On November 6-8 the Section on American Physical Therapy Association is hosting SoPAC 2015: Convergence of Knowledge and Research into Practice. This year’s event boasts “the best speakers, the best topics, and expertise in the target areas you need to know about for your practice.” The beautiful Wyndham Grand will be home to the 3-day conference which aims to provide top-level professional development across all pediatric practice environments.
From their website, the conference goals are:
1. Provide participants with pediatric-focused education and networking opportunities
2. Provide a forum for pediatric providers from all practice environments: academic and clinical education, research, school, hospital, early intervention, neonatal, pediatric sports and fitness, adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities, and other environments
3. Partner with the International Organization of Pediatric Physical Therapists (IOPTP) to be the conference of choice for pediatric providers across the world
4. Deliver current, relevant information and ideas and intervention strategies that will advance the practice of pediatric physical therapy and the profession
5. Empower the participants with information gained at the conference to share at community, national, and global levels
6. Support the vision and mission of the APTA and Section on Pediatrics (SOP)